My First Amazon Japan Purchase

I recently made an order on Amazon Japan for a few Pokemon Centre merchandises. Before I knew about purchasing directly from Amazon JP, I had to use a middleman for my merchandises from Japan and it was slightly more costly and inconvenient. Once your order is placed, the page will show the estimated arrival date of your parcel. To my surprise, I actually received the parcel 5 days ahead of the estimated date!

Amazon Japan's parcel

My items from Amazon.co.jp
I've never received a parcel this neatly packed and secured before!

Pokemon Dolls House: Pikachu and Snorlax Sofa
I got these cute Pikachu and Snorlax sofas from the Pokemon Dolls House series.

Pikachu Sofa with Yurutto Bewear
Bewear from the Yurutto series is of a different size and doesn't fit as well on the furniture, but I forgot to get the right PokeDolls. This will do for now haha.

Pokemon Saiko Soda Pikachu Plush
I really like how adorable the designs are for the Saiko Soda and Mix Aulait lines! I couldn't decide which eeveelution to get, so I ended up purchasing Pikachu hahaha.

Pokemon Moncolle Alolan Vulpix
This Moncolle Vulpix was in the related products (great way to make customers spend more!) when I added stuff to my cart, so I got it to pair up with my Nendoroid Lillie.

Pikachu Sofa with Lillie Nendoroid

I first found out that Amazon Japan ships internationally through NintendoSoup, a news site for all things Nintendo. I used NintendoSoup's Amazon guide for my first purchase, but the process is real simple you might not even need instructions!

Here's a brief run-through of the steps you'd need for a successful international purchase from Amazon Japan:
1. Create an account on Amazon Japan. You can change the language using the globe icon on the right of the page.
2. Search for the products you would like to purchase. Here's the Pokemon Store on Amazon.
3. Make sure the item is "Ships from and sold by Amazon.co.jp". You can find this on the right side of the page, below the stock status. Certain items sold by third party sellers but fulfilled by Amazon can also be shipped, and stuff that cannot be shipped will automatically be removed at check out.
4. Lastly, check out, make payment, and anticipate the arrival of your parcel!

Happy shopping!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top